Using bcAuthenticate IIS Authentication Filter involves going through the following steps to configure the system:
- NT Authentication: Setup Windows NT Accounts which your web users will be mapped to.
- Mapping Users: Create a database (or use existing one) to map authenticated users to the proper NT Accounts.
- NT Permissions: Setup directory access permissions to these NT user accounts on your NTFS file system to protect resources.
- Windows 2003 Specific Permission settings.
- Configuring DSN: Setup bcAuthenticate filter to access your user database through ODBC data source names.